In February 2013, in Cheboksary, at the Expo-Contour trade fair complex, the Potato Interregional Industrial Exhibition will be held. Its relevance is evidenced by the fact that the provided poster space is almost completely filled. We are talking about the upcoming exhibition with Eduard Alexandrov, Deputy Minister of Agriculture of the Republic of Chuvashia, one of the organizers of the Potato 2013 exhibition.
- Eduard Valentinovich, in 2013 “Potato” has its first five-year anniversary. How has the exhibition developed during this time?
- When in 2009, the plan of exhibition events of the Ministry of Agriculture of Russia did not provide for the organization of the exhibition "Potato" in Moscow, the agrarian department of the Republic of Chuvashia together with the All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Potato Economy named after A.G. Lorkha, it was decided to hold an industry exhibition in Chuvashia. And now, for five years, "Potato" has been the main Russian exhibition forum for specialists and investors in the potato industry. During this time, the exhibition demonstrated stable development dynamics - the volume of exhibition space was gradually increasing, the number of participants and visitors grew. Today the exhibition has no analogues in our country and has proven the timeliness of its appearance.
According to many exhibitors, the exhibition is attractive in that the cost of participation is much lower than in large cities, and the effect of participation in a regional exhibition is many times greater.
In 2012, the exhibition was held on an area of 6000 square meters with the participation of 76 companies and firms. Over two days, the exposition was visited by more than 9000 specialists from 26 regions and five foreign countries - the USA, Germany, Holland, the Republic of Belarus and Kazakhstan. If we compare the results of this exhibition with the data of 2009, then I would like to note not only an increase in digital indicators, but also an improvement in the qualitative composition of exhibitors.
— Tell us more about the upcoming exhibition: where will it be held, what is the total area, infrastructure?
- This year the exhibition received a new registration. This is good news for regular members. It will take place in Cheboksary in the trade and exhibition complex "Expo-Kontur". The complex is located at Yadrinskoe shosse, 3, at the intersection with Universitetskaya street.
I note the proximity of transport hubs, convenient access by private and public transport. There is a large parking lot in front of the complex.
The Potato exhibition annually demonstrates new selection achievements, the most popular potato varieties, the experience of the best seed-growing enterprises, technological and technical solutions in the field of production, storage and processing of potatoes. The next exhibition will not be an exception.
High ceilings (5,43 m) give volume to a room on an area of more than 5000 square meters. m
As in previous years, the operator of the exhibition is the state-owned unitary enterprise of the Chuvash Republic "Agro-Innovations", which is engaged in the formation of the exposition, the preparation of a business program and other organizational issues.
— Did the change of place and format affect the cost of participation and other services for exhibitors?
- Since 2009, the cost of exhibition space has never changed. Moreover, we have made a good discount for scientific organizations. Prices for other types of services will also remain the same.
— How is the preparation for the exhibition going? Are there any free spaces left?
- The dynamics of the acquisition of the exhibition "Potato" significantly differs from the last year. Participants show high activity: applications are received not only from Russian, but also from foreign companies. Some of our permanent partners are expanding their areas, new participants are appearing. There is also a small opportunity to book a stand in the desired pavilion and become a participant in the exhibition.
— "Potato-2013" is positioned not only as an exhibition area, but also as a center for business communication ...
- Indeed, both visitors and participating companies need an information and analytical resource in the form of conferences and round tables. The concept of the upcoming exhibition is being built taking into account this circumstance and promises to be rich and interesting.
As part of the "Potato" will be held scientific and practical conference. At the "round tables" it is planned to discuss the most pressing and pressing problems related to the state and prospects of development of the potato market. The event invited more than 200 heads of Russian enterprises, representatives of state authorities, industry experts.
We try to do our best to maximize the effectiveness of participation in the exhibition, to create a platform for communication.
— What else interesting will be offered to exhibitors and visitors?
- The uniqueness of the "Potato" exhibition is that it is the only specialized exhibition in Russia on potato topics. Visitors and exhibitors come with one common goal - to do business. The main criterion influencing the decision to visit the exhibition is the benefit from visiting it. The organizers do their best to make the event attractive, interesting, beneficial for our participants and guests. The possibility of organizing a trading platform is being considered.
— Eduard Valentinovich, at the beginning of the conversation you focused on the fact that Potato has no analogues in Russia and remains the only platform that allows you to demonstrate both technical solutions in the industry and a diversified approach. In this case, what sections would you like to draw visitors to?
- For the fifth year in a row, the exhibition confirms its reputation as an effective platform for product presentation, launching new projects, business communication between Russian and foreign experts in the potato industry. Of course, the section of potato and seed producers will traditionally be widely represented. At the exposition, everyone will be able to get acquainted with a variety of foreign and domestic potato varieties of interest to cultivation in Russia. The section of mineral fertilizers and plant protection products promises to be interesting and representative, here we see the addition of areas and new participants. The sections on packaging solutions, technology and equipment will also be relevant and interesting. Science will also be presented.
Some firms are looking for new suppliers, others - for new dealers: they compare, analyze, evaluate. A specialized exhibition is one of the best tools for achieving these goals.