On July 22, Agrosfera LLC, a large Nizhny Novgorod farm specializing in the production of high-quality seed and table potatoes, held a traditional summer Field Day. This holiday, organized by the farm in cooperation with a well-known seed company HZPC Sadokas, has combined the leading potato growers of the region.
Exchange of experience is what gives all of us an incentive to develop. We are ready to show what results we have achieved, and we will be glad if you share your victories, - with these words the director of "Agrosphere" Mikhail Belyaev greeted the guests of the meeting.
A bit of history
The farm "Agrosfera" was organized in 2008. It all started with 50 hectares of land leased in the Bogorodsky district. Initially, the management of the enterprise pursued two goals: to test in practice modern foreign agricultural technologies (using European seeds, technology, plant protection products, fertilizers, etc.) and to obtain a sufficient volume of table potatoes suitable for washing and supply to retail chains. To implement the plans, the team of future specialists invited people who are energetic and open to new ideas - senior students of the Nizhny Novgorod Agricultural Academy. The most enthusiastic of them have linked their lives with Agrosphere for a long time and today they form the backbone of the team.
In 2009, the economy expanded, acquiring land in the Dalnekonstantinovsky district (along with the infrastructure of the former collective farm). The collective farm "legacy" was not very rich, but after partial reconstruction the old garage was turned into a reliable potato storage, and the canteen into a convenient office building (in which there was also a place for organizing meals for workers).
Fields overgrown with birch trees were plowed (German equipment had to be modified on the ground, according to the instructions it was adapted only to deal with large weeds), and work began. This is not to say that everything turned out easily. The drought of 2010 left the farm almost without a crop. The repaired vault stood empty that year. But Agrosphere did not give up, and today it really has something to be proud of.
Elena Karpacheva, and about. Heads of the Administration of the Dalnekonstantinovsky District of the Nizhny Novgorod Region:
- I always come to Agrosfera with pleasure. There is a classy team of specialists, a powerful production base. The seed potatoes that are grown in these fields are snapped up all over the region and far beyond. The farm provides the residents of the district with jobs and high wages. I sincerely wish them only good weather, they will achieve everything else themselves!
The range of varieties varies each year to meet market requirements and performance under these specific conditions. The list of constant "favorites" - Colette (produced for the southern regions), Vineta (for cultivation without irrigation) and Jelly (a variety that in Germany is called the magic "New Year's tree" - always blooming and abundantly fruiting) from Europlant; yielding premium varieties Sheri and Maestro from Germicopa.
Victor Astakhov, Director of Sales HZPC Sadokas:
- Our company has concluded contracts for the production of seed potatoes in different regions of Russia, with different farms.
And we carefully monitor how our partners work. The results of the "Agrosphere" at the moment we consider very worthy.
Jaakko Rakho, CEO HZPC Sadokas:
- Today we saw how well the work is organized at Agrosphere. I can appreciate it from a professional point of view - I have been doing farm work for 20 years. It is already clear that a good harvest is expected on the farm. It was very pleasant to visit the farm, and not only because our seed potatoes are grown here.
Oleg Murzov, LLC Agrofirma Razdolie, Penza Region:
- This year our farm purchased seed potatoes from Agrosfera LLC, and we are very pleased with the result, we are planning a new purchase, and at the Field Day we were happy to see the conditions under which our future seeds grow.
In 2014, they were also supplemented by the very popular Red Scarlett and the growing momentum of success Innovator and Colomba from HZPC Sadokas.
Also with HZPC Sadokas has an agreement on the cultivation of seeds of different varieties for this company.
It should be noted that Agrosfera also grows potatoes for another well-known Dutch company - Farm Frites - the largest producer of French fries. This company works only with the best farms, cultivating the most valuable varieties of potatoes and growing them in environmentally friendly conditions.
Participants of the event from a professional point of view assessed the "marketable" appearance of each variety, the quantity and quality of tubers in the nest - one might say, they conducted a "test drive" of all grown products, and everyone chose what they liked best.
Agrosfera grows seed material of the first reproduction, but in the future has the potential to switch to elite production.
Agrosfera LLC is going to turn Field Day into an annual holiday, which already invites everyone who is interested in the development of the potato industry.
Gennady Gabunia, General Director of the Lindovsky breeding farm:
- "Agrosphere" is one of the most "advanced", progressive farms in the region. The work is well established here, not only table but also seed potatoes are grown, which means that one of the most pressing issues for domestic potato growing is being resolved. It was very interesting and useful to visit.