On July 15, in the village of Kokino, Vygonichsky District, Bryansk Region, the Interregional Agroindustrial Exhibition-Demonstration “Bryansk Field Day-2017” was held with great success. At the end of the event, the honored guests shared their impressions of the holiday with the media representatives.
This year, the "Bryansk Field Day-2017" was attended by a representative delegation of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, which included State Duma deputies Nikolai Valuev, Evgeny Revenko, Viktor Dzyuba, Vadim Dengin, Valentin Subbot, Valentina Mironova. Sergei Neverov, Secretary of the General Council of the United Russia Party, Deputy Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, when asked what prompted such an interest of representatives of the lower house of parliament to the exhibition, answered:
- This is dictated by the state's interest in supporting agricultural producers, because today, as you know, we are experiencing serious sanctions, and this is not the first year. It is very important for us that our domestic agricultural producer provides a full line of products to our tables, to our markets. My colleagues and I believe that the Bryansk region is one of the foremost workers, one of the leaders where modern equipment and technologies are used, and the harvest that we have here gives hope that we will ensure the food security of our country. This is very important, this is the task that was set by the President of our country, Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin. Today I have already said that this is not a holiday of the Bryansk field, this is a holiday of the Russian field! We see the world samples of technology that are presented here today, the culture of crop production, science is developing here. This is a very high level. We can not only feed ourselves, but also export products abroad.
Murat Zyazikov noted that the experience of the Bryansk region in agriculture is already being adopted by other regions of the Central Federal District:
Speaking at the opening ceremony of the holiday, Governor Alexander Bogomaz, speaking about the successes in the development of the agro-industrial complex of the region, noted that the region is confidently moving towards achieving grain harvest indicators of three million tons, and what is the forecast for this year, given the cold and rainy summer?
> - This year, very favorable conditions for the production of vegetables and grain crops. The ear is already poured. The prevailing weather conditions are optimal for potatoes, carrots, beets. Ten days ago, the Bryansk region has already started selling potatoes. Yes, the cold weather, which stood for one and a half to two months, slightly slowed down the growth of corn, but it has already passed this period, we see good planting and hope to get a harvest no less than last year. But as for the production of grain - wheat, barley, rye - I think this year will be 30-40 percent more, - said the head of the region.
Vitaly Voloshchenko, Director of the Department of Science and Technology Policy and Education of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, was asked by journalists what specialties in the agricultural sector are in demand today and what support is provided to students and young professionals at the state level. Vitaly Voloschenko thanked the regional authorities for the honor shown to the Bryansk State Agrarian University, on the sites of which the “Day of the Bryansk Field-2017” has been held for the second year in a row and noted:
- For the second year, the university is among the top ten agricultural universities. In the family of agricultural universities, he is quite young, but firmly on his feet. We try to maintain a balance between students in different specialties. About 40% are agronomists and agricultural engineers, 17% are economists, accountants, veterinarians. Agronomists, agroengineers and veterinarians-zootechnicians who are most in demand in agriculture today, their large deficit in the regions, this is one of the most promising subsectors of agriculture, which is in great demand in Russia. The State Duma today sent an appeal to the Prime Minister to support agricultural universities in general in terms of financing, construction, laboratory and technical equipment. The minister instructed to prepare a strategy for the development of personnel education, we plan that it will be a reflection of the event in the state agricultural program. So far, agrarian universities are financed from the state program of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Sergey Neverov added:
- Universities are financed at the rate of about 130-140 thousand per student, agricultural universities are financed at about 45 thousand rubles per student, you see, what a gap, almost three times. Today we have raised and set the task of bringing financing of agricultural universities, transport universities, medical universities to at least the average level of the Ministry of Education and Science. This will be a very serious support of the university environment, including the agricultural focus
Representatives of the media were also interested in the issue of supporting agricultural producers at the state and regional levels. Do support programs for farmers work?
- This support is there. Today we are assembling our combine harvesters, our "Polesye", 15% are subsidized by the federal budget, - explained the Governor Alexander Bogomaz. - In the regional budget, we have also provided a subsidy in the amount of 10 percent to subsidize this technique. This is already a quarter reduction. This year the weather is good for grain production, and we plan to receive grain within 2 million tons this year, I think that we will increase grain production by 30%. But there is one "but": what will the weather be like when there will be cleaning? To exclude this "but", there must be drying complexes. Two years ago we adopted a program where we subsidize the construction of Russian-made dryers, which also includes our Bryansk "Design Bureau for Heat Generators", which produces dryers, and they are no worse, and even better in performance, twice as much as imported equipment, and cheaper three times. Here we subsidize 20%. And this year, even if the weather conditions are unfavorable, we will collect the harvest and put it in the bins. The same goes for tillage equipment. The equipment that is imported is not subsidized on the territory of Russia, this is also, I think, correct. Let them then build factories here, as our brothers Belarusians did. They have created a joint venture on the territory of the Bryansk region, where forage harvesting, grain harvesting equipment, Avtodor loaders are produced, they can apply for support. It is wrong to support an imported manufacturer.
Why do we conduct seminars, "Field Days", "BayArens"? To show our agricultural producers what success is. Either in support of 15 percent, or in the crop that can be grown in the field. All the results that we have received over the past three years are an increase in grain production exactly twofold, potatoes - twofold, we have precisely from these seminars, from these events, which we hold 7-8 per season every year. We are holding the Bryansk Field Day for the second year on the basis of the Bryansk State Agrarian University, so that those students who study here and who then go to production, if they get into a farm that is not intensively developed today, they will understand that this is wrong, and right - as it was at their university. Those fields that are a kilometer away were two years ago, but today we see modern agriculture, modern technologies and high crop yields in different directions - from vegetables and potatoes to cereals.
Alexander Zabello, the chairman of the Belarusian State Food Industry Concern Belgospischeprom, is not the first time in the Bryansk region, and he always notes the great potential and reserves of cooperation between our region and the Republic of Belarus:
- One of the most successful was 2012, mutual trade turnover reached $ 900 million. This is a very good figure. Far from many countries today have such a mutual trade turnover with the Republic of Belarus as the Bryansk region. Then there were difficult times, the figure dropped somewhat. This year we will not reach the billion mark, but we will return to the levels that we had - 800-900 million dollars, and in the coming years we will, I think, make this billion easily and will do it by joint efforts. We have moved away from simple buying and selling, today we create products together, together we try to sell them, make money together, and this is good. We are not ashamed to say that today we are ready to buy agricultural products from the Bryansk region. This is malting barley, the same rapeseed, and even potatoes. We are similar in the ways of development of the state, in how we develop production. We went a little further. We understand that the main added value is earned in the processing process. Almost every patch of land in Belarus is cultivated, it is difficult to increase the sown area, so we will gladly buy from our closest friends, partners, from our neighbors the products that we will process and sell together not only in the Russian Federation, but also in about 80 countries of the world where we supply these products. When Alexander Vasilyevich came to a meeting with Alexander Grigoryevich Lukashenko, they said that today seed production has "laid down" very well on the Bryansk land. Indeed, today there were representatives of the center of the Academy of Sciences, they said that last year almost 80% of all the elite seeds they grew were bought in the Bryansk region. In general, it is difficult for us to part with seed, but Alexander Grigorievich said that we will give everything to the Bryansk region. Therefore, I think there is a small merit of the Belarusians in your record harvests, and 3 million tons is a very serious application!
Press Service of the Governor and the Government of the Region