- Balanced mineral nutrition is one of the main conditions for obtaining high yields in crop production.
- What kind of fertilizer to feed potatoes, according to what scheme and at what stages - the answers to these questions can radically affect the successful development of the plant.
The use of standard power systems will not bring the desired result here.
TO VEGETABLES - A SPECIAL APPROACH
Unlike field crops, vegetables and potatoes have their own specifics of development:
- - they constantly accumulate vegetative mass,
- - require a large amount of nutrients for the formation of fruits,
- - the periods of their flowering and fruiting are extended in time.
• specialized products
• the scheme of their application adapted for each culture.
Universal Soldier - Avrora® 14:14:23
As the main fertilizer for potatoes the special grade 14:14:23 from the NPK Avrora® range of granulated NPK has proven itself well. Due to the high content of potassium, this fertilizer for potatoes performs several functions at once:
- - contributes to the formation and accumulation of sugars in fruits,
- - increases the resistance of crops to adverse external factors (drought, excess moisture),
- - increases shelf life
- - improves product characteristics.
The recommended dose is 400-1000 kg/ha if KCl has not been applied since autumn.
WHAT'S SO SOUR
Optimal reaction of the soil environment - pHwaters 5,5-6,5. With this indicator, nutrients become as accessible as possible for plants, which means that crops grow. Not all vegetable crops tolerate moderate and, moreover, increased soil acidity. Potatoes can be singled out among the “resistant” ones. Vegetables also need a lot of calcium, and acidic soils are depleted for them.
If in the northern regions the soils themselves are acidic, then in the southern regions the systematic use of ammonium nitrate, urea and ammonium sulfate leads to an artificial decrease in pH.
Physiologically neutral nitrogen fertilizers for feeding potatoes will provide optimal nutritional conditions and prevent further soil degradation.
Nitrogen-limestone fertilizer (NAM) from EuroChem has the following characteristics:
- does not acidify the soil
- improves its physical properties,
- provides plants with the necessary nitrogen, and has a prolonged effect of nitrogen release due to the absorbent component - dolomite,
- additionally provides calcium and magnesium.
On potatoes, AAI is applied as a nitrogen supplement, the application is practiced
- single: fertilizer is used for cutting ridges at a dosage of 300350-XNUMX kg/ha,
- fractional, if possible: 200 kg / ha are applied for cutting the ridges, and the remaining amount is 10-15 cm when the tops reach a height and a single application.
Top dressings serve as a kind of activators at certain stages of crop development and allow you to quickly correct a possible imbalance in mineral nutrition.
Fertilizing potatoes with mineral fertilizers absolutely necessary during the growing season.
You can serve them:
- through a drip irrigation system
- by sheet processing.
EuroChem's Aqualis® range is ideal for both applications as complex fertilizers for potatoes.
- 100% solubility,
- verified and clean composition, free from ballast substances, thanks to which you can not worry about the safety of the components of the irrigation system and sprayer nozzles.
At different stages it is recommended to use different brands:
- - during the growing season to maintain a planned development, as well as in adverse conditions - grades 20:20:20 and 18:18:18 + 3 MgO,
- - during the period of laying and the beginning of the formation of tubers, for most varieties of potatoes it coincides with the beginning of flowering, - mark 13:40:13,
- - at the final stages of vegetation for uniform ripening of the crop and improving its quality -potash fertilizer for potatoes, namely grades 6:14:35 + 2MgO, 12:8:31 + 2MgO, 15:15:30 + 1,5MgO and 3:11:38 + 4MgO.
PROVEN IN THE FIELDS
EuroChem tested its fertilizers in the central and northern regions and compared the results with previous harvests.
In the Moscow region
(A.G. Lorkh Federal State Budgetary Institution of Potatoes)
The Aqualis® feeding system was tested on Zhukovsky ranny potato.
- background application of 400 kg/ha NPK 14:14:23 before planting and 300 kg/ha fractional ammonium nitrate.
- foliar feeding together with plant protection products treatments:
- seedlings 5-15 cm - Aqualis® 18:18:18
- haulm 15-30 cm - Aqualis® 18:18:18
- budding – Aqualis® 13:40:13
- 3-4 weeks before harvest - Aqualis® 3-11-38 (3 kg/ha each).
- yield increased by 15,8 t/ha,
- starch content in tubers +1,2%,
- vitamin C content by +3,2%.
Also, tests were carried out on potatoes of the Lady Clair variety.
- grade 10:26:26 (600 kg/ha) and ammonium nitrate (300 kg/ha)
- Avrora® 14:14:23 (650 kg/ha) and AIM (370 kg/ha),
- Aqualis foliar applications:
- seedlings 5-15 cm - 18:18:18 (3 kg / ha)
- haulm 15-30 cm - 18:18:18 (3 kg/ha)
- budding -13:40:13 (3 kg/ha)
- 3-4 weeks before harvest - 6:14:35 (4 kg/ha).
- yield growth by 9,8 t/ha,
- more than 91 thousand rubles/ha of additional profit.
In the Oryol region on the basis of FSBEI HE Oryol State Agrarian University
The tests were carried out on strongly acidic soils on potatoes of the Condor variety.
- 10:26:26 (400 kg/ha) and ammonium nitrate (300 kg/ha)
- 14:14:23 (500 kg/ha) and AIM (370 kg/ha)
- additional 11,4 t/ha to yield. A separate effect from the introduction of physiologically neutral AIM is 8,1 t / ha of an increase relative to ammonium nitrate in the same dosage according to a.i.,
- the degree of damage to plants by Alternariosis decreased by 2,9%, late blight - by 10,1%,
- the content of nitrates in tubers decreased from 120 to 91 mg/kg.
Do you want to achieve the same results? Or get a ready-made nutrition scheme for any vegetable crop, adapted to the conditions of your farm? Contact the EuroChem experts in your region.
Our agricultural centers:
We are on the Internet:
youtube: Fertilizers EuroChem