On June 17, Roman Nekrasov, Director of the Department of Plant Growing, Mechanization, Chemicalization and Plant Protection of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation, visited the Bryansk region, he met with the Governor of the region Alexander Bogomaz, took part in a round table on the topic: “Completion of spring field work and plans for the harvest 2021 g. "
On the same day, Roman Nekrasov visited a number of successful agricultural enterprises in the Bryansk region, including the fields of the leading agricultural enterprise in the region - Melensky Potato LLC, located in the Starodubsky district.
The excursion around the enterprise for the guests was led by its head Roman Bogomaz. He spoke about the modern technology used, potato and granaries, a grain drying complex, shared his experience in the use of land reclamation in crop production:
- Every year we introduce into crop rotation about 2-3 thousand hectares of unclaimed farmland. Despite the high intensification of production, it is planned to increase it through reclamation work. So, at present, 20% of the sown area under vegetable crops is under irrigation. It is planned to increase the volume to 80–90%. As for the potato, its crop rotation takes place once every four years. This year, wheat is growing in the fields where potatoes were located, and we hope to get a yield of about 150 c / ha. Tasks for the five-year plan: introduce land reclamation, think over the processing of vegetables, in particular, a project is being considered on the production of edible potato starch used in various fields. We will also continue to work on updating agricultural machinery, - said Roman Bogomaz.
- What measures of state support used by the enterprise, in your opinion, are the most effective? - Asked Roman Nekrasov.
- It is difficult for me to judge this, since our agricultural enterprise uses only one measure of state support: preferential subsidized loans. The company does not participate in other preferential programs, this is a fundamental decision from the moment the company was founded, - answered Roman Bogomaz. According to him, for many, this is a good example that agriculture can be done efficiently anyway.
- Is there a shortage of staff in 5 years? - The director of the crop production department of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Russian Federation asked the following question.
- Our management foresaw this problem, so two years ago in the village of Melensk we began to acquire new housing for young professionals. After they have worked on the farm for 7 years, the housing will become the property of the employees. Now there are about 10 such specialists in the farm, - informed Roman Bogomaz.
There was also a talk about the application of measures of state support in carrying out reclamation work, to which the head of "Melensky Potato" replied that in this direction the agricultural enterprise will manage on its own.
“Last year we installed another irrigation on an area of 440 hectares, investments amounted to about 100 million rubles,” noted Roman Bogomaz.