According to the definition of the Federal Law of July 21.07.2014, 206, No. XNUMX-FZ "On plant quarantine", a quarantine object is a pest that is absent or limitedly widespread on the territory of the Russian Federation and is included in the single list of quarantine objects.
By the decision of the Council of the Eurasian Economic Commission dated November 30.11.2016, 158 No. 234, a single list of quarantine objects of the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) between Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan was approved. In total, there are 178 objects on the list, of which 5 quarantine pests are absent on the territory of 56 countries of the Union, and XNUMX positions of pests have the status of limited distribution.
From the list of those absent, there is a high probability that the following quarantine hazardous objects will enter the territory of the Tver region with regulated products that regularly come from certain countries:
- Western corn beetle with imported corn seeds (common in North America, Europe);
- oriental flower thrips with plants from the Netherlands;
- brown marble bug with fruit crops and ornamental plants from Europe;
- polyphagous humpback fly with vegetables and fruits from Europe and Asia;
- oriental mealybug with citrus fruits from Asian countries;
- mulberry shield with fruit crops from Europe and Asia;
- khapra beetle (a particularly dangerous pest of grain reserves, widespread in Asia and Europe);
- pine stem nematode (found in Canada, Mexico, the USA, China, Portugal, Spain, Korea, Vietnam, the distribution is rapidly increasing due to the fact that longhorn beetles are the main vectors);
- weeds: a series of hairy, nightshade linear-leaved, shears (common on all continents, they can be introduced into Russia with seeds of legumes and cereals).
From the list of pests that are not widespread on the territory of the EAEU, there is a high probability that the following quarantine organisms will be introduced from the EAEU countries and from the constituent entities of the Russian Federation to the territory of the Tver region with regularly supplied regulated products of the following quarantine organisms:
- pests of vegetables and fruits: peach moth, Mediterranean fruit fly, western flower thrips, eastern moth, American white butterfly, melon fly, potato moth, Comstock worm, Californian scale insect, phyloxera, potivirus sharki (smallpox) plums, tomato moth (common from countries EAEU, Europe, Asia);
- pests of cultivated plants: white rust of chrysanthemums (common in European countries); western flower thrips (common in countries of all continents and some regions of Russia);
- weeds: creeping bitterweed, ragweed, perennial ragweed, tripartite ragweed, long-thorny ragweed, dodders, prickly nightshade, three-flowered nightshade (common in the EAEU countries, Europe, Asia, America and in some of the species are limited in regions of our country).
On the territory of the Tver region, the following quarantine organisms are distributed or are limitedly distributed:
- forest pests: large black spruce barbel, black coniferous barbel, small black spruce barbel and black pine barbel (common throughout the territory);
- potato pests: golden potato nematode (limited distribution);
- western flower thrips (limited distribution);
- weeds: dodders (limited distribution).
The Rosselkhoznadzor Administration for the Tver Region reminds that in order to prevent the spread of dangerous quarantine facilities in the Tver Region and the Russian Federation, the owners of regulated products are obliged to notify the federal executive body exercising control and supervision functions in the field of plant quarantine (Rosselkhoznadzor Administration for the Tver Region, e-mail . address: the email@example.com) on the detection of signs of infection and (or) contamination of regulated products, regulated objects by quarantine objects.