Territory of the region: 39.6 thousand square meters. Km
Population: 1 people, of which 135% live in cities.
the region is located in the center of the European part of Russia, it is part of the Central Federal District and the Central Economic Region of the Russian Federation.
Climate: temperate continental.
The average January temperature is 10 ° С, July + 20 ° С. On average, 500 mm of precipitation falls annually (25-30% in the form of snow).
Agricultural land area: 2323,3 thousand ha, including arable land - 1468,1 thousand ha. According to Ryazanstat, the sown area in all categories of farms in 2014 amounted to 811,3 thousand ha, which is 4,0% less than for the 2013 crop.
Potato is the product by which we need to increase export potential!
Interview with the Minister of Agriculture and Food of the Ryazan Region Boris Viktorovich Shemyakin.
- Boris Viktorovich, the Ryazan region has always been famous for its potatoes throughout Russia. Tell us a little about the "potato history" of the region.
- Agro-climatic conditions and geographical location of the Ryazan region are favorable for potato production. The region has always been a supplier of ware potatoes to large industrial centers and to the north of the country. The highest gross harvest of potatoes was reached in the distant 1975 and amounted to 1750 thousand tons. Then the sown area was 158 thousand hectares, including in collective and state farms - about 110 thousand hectares, more in these years only the Bryansk region planted and produced potatoes in the country. With the transition to market relations, the sown area for potatoes has decreased significantly, personal subsidiary farms have become the main producers. However, in recent years, due to the attraction of investments, there has been a transition to a fundamentally new level of production.
- How can you characterize the level of development of potato growing in the region now?
- The Ryazan region is a self-sufficient region in terms of the main types of food. Today, potato production is 2,5 times higher than consumption.
In 2014, the sown area in all categories of farms amounted to 25,7 thousand hectares, about 20% of them - the area in agricultural enterprises and farms, where potatoes are mainly grown using modern technologies. High-performance equipment, mineral fertilizers, plant protection products are used here, variety change and variety renewal are carried out in a timely manner. Therefore, there is a significant difference in achievements compared to private household plots: in 2014, the yield in private farms was 142 c / ha, in agricultural enterprises - 195 c / ha.
For us, these are low figures: the potato harvest last season was affected by the weather in August, when during the active growth of tubers there was a moisture deficit and abnormally high temperatures. But modern technologies make it possible to neutralize unfavorable weather conditions. An example of this is LLC "AgroSoyuzSpassk", where the use of modern technology and irrigation made it possible to collect more than 19 thousand tons of high-quality potatoes, the yield exceeded 600 c / ha for irrigation.
Today, potato growing and vegetable production are one of the most marginal activities in agriculture. At the end of 2014, the profitability of potatoes in the region amounted to more than 40%, and the profit increased four times compared to 2013. This explains the attractiveness of the industry for investors who invest not only in modern production on irrigation, but also in the development of storage and pre-sale bases.
In 2015, the region’s farms plan to increase the area by 0,5 thousand ha, and the area of irrigated fields will increase (from 0,8 to 1,3 thousand ha).
- Do you plan to develop your own seed production?
- This is a very difficult task. Earlier, a well-functioning system operated in the region: the production association Ryazansem-Potato included 12 state farms that produced elite seeds. The network of regional semkhozes fully provided commercial farms with reproductive seeds.
In recent years, potato growers have acquired elite seeds in the Moscow and Samara regions, the Republic of Belarus, Germany, and the Netherlands. However, this year, based on the initiative of several farms, on the basis of the SPC Luch in the Kasimovsky district, MaryKlon LLC was created, with long-term plans to establish production of elite potato seeds in the amount of up to 7 thousand tons. I hope that over time the company will become a reliable supplier of seeds not only for potato farms, but also for personal farmsteads.
- What can be said about the infrastructure of the industry: to what extent is the region provided with modern potato storages, lines for the presale preparation of potatoes?
- The market makes high demands on the quality of potato and vegetable products, without a modern base for storage and pre-sale preparation the required level cannot be achieved. A few years ago, the Governor of the Ryazan Region, Oleg Kovalev, set the task of developing a network of modern storage facilities so that farms could store crops until spring and sell them at the most favorable prices. Today, in agricultural enterprises and farms, the storage capacity is more than 110 thousand tons of one-time storage. These are 63 potato and 8 vegetable stores, which ensure the safety of the entire grown crop.
Such large producers as Avangard LLC of the Ryazan region (6 potato storages with a capacity of 9 thousand tons), collective farm Zaveta Ilyicha (3 potato storages for 4,5 thousand tonnes and a vegetable storehouse for 1,2 thousand tonnes with the latest refrigeration facilities) have modern capacities. equipment and packaging line) and the farm to them. Lenin, Kasimov district (4 storages per 8 thousand tons).
Serious investments were attracted to create and modernize the storage base. So, LLC “Ungor Agriculture” implements a project to build a vegetable store with refrigeration and ventilation equipment for 49 thousand tons in Rybnoye, the first phase of 7,5 thousand tons has been introduced. In the Spassky district, Agrosoyuz-Spassk is constructing a complex for the storage and primary processing of potatoes and vegetables (sorting, calibration, washing, packaging). The Shilovsky Agricultural Holding is actively developing its storage base: the project provides for the construction of a complex for 10 thousand tons, two storage facilities for 2 thousand tons have been put into operation. In the next three years, about 5,5 enterprises plan to build new storage facilities, expand and modernize existing facilities.
- Are there any potato processing enterprises in the oblast (or plans for their creation)?
- One of the most modern potato-processing enterprises in the country operates on the territory of the Ryazan region
- CJSC "Food Factory" Miloslavsky ", it is part of the Trade and Industrial Group" Kuntsevo ". The first stage was commissioned in January 2011. Today, the equipment installed at the enterprise allows the production of up to 550 kg of potato flakes per hour, a potato storage for 18 thousand tons is in operation.
Flakes are produced without additives, with natural flavors and freeze-dried products. Miloslavsky PC products are sold to Moscow and the Moscow region, St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Tver, Vologda regions, Krasnodar Territory, Siberia, Tatarstan, near and far abroad countries (Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Poland, Belgium, Chile, Brazil, Argentina ) In the future, they plan to increase the base for storing potatoes 4,2 times and the capacity of the processing line twice.
In 2014, 16,4 thousand tons of potatoes were processed, part of which (7,6 thousand tons) was produced at Ryazan Potato, its own agricultural enterprise. The plant also bought raw materials from other farms in the region. The presence of such a large processor in the region provides the farmers with a market, including small potatoes.
- How is the problem of staffing the industry being solved?
- Staffing is a necessary condition for the development of not only potato growing, but the entire agricultural industry. The Ryazan State Agrotechnological University named after V.I. P.A. Kostychev and more than 15 secondary specialized educational institutions.
Over the past two years, we have had positive trends in attracting youth: in 2014, more than 100 young professionals came to work in agricultural enterprises. This is facilitated by the implementation of the sustainable rural development program, according to which housing is built (last year 90 families received social payments in the amount of up to 92% of its value) and rural infrastructure is developed, whole villages of complex compact development are being built (there are already 15 in the region). For young professionals, one-time (86600 rubles) and monthly allowances (4330 rubles) are valid for the first three years of work.
Ordinary workers of the agro-industrial complex should feel confident in the future, this is possible when people receive decent wages for their work. Today, in the Ryazan region, wage growth is one of the conditions for farms to receive subsidies from the budget. Thanks to this approach, in 2014 it was possible to achieve an increase in the average salary in the industry by 13,9% compared to 2013 (in agricultural organizations it amounted to 17342 rubles, which is quite a good indicator for our region).
- Which farms make the greatest contribution to the development of potato growing in the region?
- Among the 30 best potato farms in Russia is the collective farm named after Lenin of the Kasimovsky district. A great contribution to the development of potato growing in the region is made by the Kasimovsky Zavety Ilyich collective farm, the Ryazan Avangard LLC, the Ryazan Potato CJSC in the Miloslavsky districts, as well as the newly formed farms - AgroSoyuzSpassk LLC and the Shilovsky Agroholding LLC.
- Tell us about the plans of the region for the development of potato growing. What immediate tasks are being set?
Collective farm named after Lenin, Kasimovsky district - Member of the Russian Association of Potato Producers. Uses European cultivation technologies, the work is fully mechanized (from tillage to sorting the crop). The area under potatoes is 320 hectares annually. In 2014, 9 thousand tons of potatoes were harvested with an average yield of 281 c / ha. The collective farm has a modern storage base, which allows you to store and sell the harvest throughout the year.
Avangard LLC, Ryazan region - one of the best agricultural enterprises in Central Russia. The farm is diversified: along with traditional dairy farming and plant growing, potato growing and gardening are developing. In 2014, the area under potatoes was 327 hectares, 8 thousand tons were harvested with a yield of 246 c / ha. The farm produces food and seed potatoes.
Mansurov family farm in the Klepikovsky district was established in 2007. Combining science with practice, the use of fertilizers and high quality seed material are bearing fruit. By 2014, the entire sown area on the farm was 370 hectares, of which 140 hectares of potatoes. Was harvested 3 thousand tons with a yield of 211 c / ha. Potato seeds produced by farmers do not need special advertising - they even come for them from other regions of Russia.
- The main direction of work in the near future is an increase in acreage and potato production volumes, the creation of modern storage bases, including on a cooperative basis. We plan to more actively introduce modern technologies for growing potatoes (special emphasis will be placed on the use of irrigation opportunities - both in large and small (farm) farms. Improving the quality of potatoes will facilitate its promotion to other regions, because potatoes are the product by which we need to build up our export potential.
A bit of history
At the beginning of the 511th century, 50 varieties of potatoes were cultivated in the village of Kostino, Ryvnovsky district of Ryazan province. This collection was lied to and multiplied by Nikolai Yakovlevich Nikitinsky, one of the first Russian breeders, a faithful propagandist of the "second stable", who believed that it was potatoes that would save Russia from hunger. Contemporaries called Nikitinsky "the potato king". And the title was rightfully deserved. The farm used seeds obtained from the crossing of imported and domestic varieties, and lied to unheard-of harvests (from 150 to XNUMX pots per bush).
In 1920, potatoes of the “Nikitinsky” varieties were handed out to the Korenevskaya station (now the Research Institute of Potato Farming) just organized near Moscow. So with the Ryazan potatoes began the history of Soviet potato growing.