The Ministry of Education and Science of Russia summed up the results of the next selection of programs for the creation and development of breeding and seed production centers.
Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education Alexei Medvedev noted that today the implementation of large-scale tasks facing the country's agro-industrial complex and the implementation of the target indicators of the Doctrine of Food Security is possible only with the interaction of all existing measures to support selection and seed production.
“The seed-breeding and breeding-breeding centers created within the framework of the Science National Project will make a significant contribution to the implementation of the activities of the sectoral subprograms of the Federal Scientific and Technical Program for the Development of Agriculture for 2017-2025, as well as to the implementation of the Food Security Doctrine of the Russian Federation in terms of providing agricultural producers with seeds of the highest reproductions of domestic selection at the level of at least 75%, ”the Deputy Minister emphasized.
As part of the selection process, the Russian Ministry of Education and Science received 49 applications. Of these, 25 were selected for consideration at the meeting of the Interdepartmental Council.
The important selection criteria were the existing scientific reserve of organizations and scientific and technological infrastructure, the development of human resources, cooperation with enterprises of the real sector of the economy and contribution to the implementation of the Food Security Doctrine.
Based on the results of the discussion, a list of 15 organizations was approved, on the basis of which selection and seed production centers will be created in 9 priority areas:
1. Direction "Soy": All-Russian Research Center of Soybeans, Federal Research Center of Legumes and Groats;
2. Direction "Potatoes": Federal Research Center "Kazan Scientific Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences";
3. Direction "Grain crops": Samara Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Perm Federal Research Center of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences, the Federal Research Center for Biological Systems and Agricultural Technologies of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
4. Direction "Fruit crops": Crimean Federal University named after V.I. Vernadsky, All-Russian Scientific Research Institute of Fruit Crops Breeding;
5. Direction "Vegetable crops": Federal Scientific Center for Vegetable Growing, Russian State Agrarian University - Moscow Agricultural Academy named after K.A. Timiryazev;
6. Direction "Forage crops": Ufa Federal Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Federal Scientific Center for Forage Production and Agroecology named after V.R. Williams;
7. Direction "Wood and shrub species": Federal Scientific Center of Agroecology, Integrated Reclamation and Protective Afforestation;
8. Direction "Sugar beet": All-Russian Research Institute of Sugar Beet and Sugar named after A.L. Mazlumov;
9. Direction "Essential oil crops": Scientific Research Institute of Agriculture of the Crimea.
Seed-breeding and breeding-breeding centers are created in order to introduce modern technologies into the agro-industrial complex based on their own developments of scientific and educational organizations within the framework of the implementation of the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation "On measures to implement state scientific and technical policy in the interests of agricultural development", and also "On the Doctrine of Food Security of the Russian Federation".
State support for the creation and development of selection and seed production and selection and breeding centers in the form of grants in the form of subsidies based on the results of an open competitive selection will be carried out from 2021. The total amount of grants allocated for 2021-2024 for the development of breeding and seed production centers is 3 billion 675 million rubles. The rules for the provision of grants were approved by the Decree of the Government of the Russian Federation of March 25, 2020 No. 329.