The interest of agricultural enterprises in cooperation with potato processors has grown significantly over the last year, which was not the most successful financially for potato growers. The opportunity to get rid of problems with the sale of products and get a guaranteed income attracts many. On the other hand, the production of specialized varieties has its own characteristics and requires the development of new technologies. Will it be possible to grow a crop of the desired quality and in the required volume? Will the investment pay off and under what conditions? Each farm has its own answers to these questions. But in finding your own solutions, you can rely on the experience of colleagues in the industry.
This year, a project for the production of raw materials for chips production is being implemented in the Nizhny Novgorod region.
The Nizhny Novgorod region has a number of advantages that make it promising for growing potatoes for industrial processing. Among them:
- Optimal climatic conditions for growing potatoes, good water supply for irrigation.
- Opening of a new highway M12 Moscow-Nizhny Novgorod-Kazan, which will reduce the time and cost of product delivery.
1. LLC "AgroAlliance-NN" - a potato farm located in the Perevozsky district of the Nizhny Novgorod region. Provides a platform for the experiment. The company has the necessary competencies and technology.
2. JSC Firm "August" - Russian manufacturer of HSZR. Provides plant protection products, provides advisory services to build an effective protection scheme.
3. NORIKA-SLAVIA LLC - the official representative of the breeding and seed company NORIKA in Russia. Provides seeds of potato varieties for industrial processing, provides agronomic support at all stages of production.
4. LLC Company "Agrotrade" is a supplier of a full range of products for potato production. Provides services for the preparation and maintenance of equipment for planting and harvesting potatoes.
5. OOO "Potential" is a supplier of irrigation equipment from the world's leading manufacturers. Provides commissioning services for sprinkling machines, pumping equipment, provides advice on the operation of this equipment.
6. Frito Lay Manufacturing LLC is Russia's largest producer of natural potato chips (Lay's brand). Provides full support for each process related to the cultivation and storage of potato chips - from recommendations for the purchase of seed material, taking into account the characteristics of the regions, to the delivery of potatoes to one of the three plants in Russia.
- Calculate the cost of growing potatoes for industrial processing based on the data obtained during the experiment.
- Assess the availability of necessary resources such as water for irrigation, machinery, plant protection products and quality seeds.
- Apply modern technologies for growing potatoes and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Identify possible problems in the production of raw materials.
Methodology and course of experience:
Throughout the season, the participants of the experiment will visit the site of AgroAlliance-NN LLC on a weekly basis to monitor the condition of the plants and make adjustments to the care and protection schemes (if necessary).
In parallel with this, farm employees will collect data on labor and resource costs.
The joint efforts of organizations providing various services and resources will determine effective methods for growing potatoes and ways to reduce production costs. The results of the experience will be useful for all agricultural enterprises thinking about organizing the production of raw materials for processing.
A project milestone report will be published on a weekly basis. mobile application of the magazine "Potato system". Readers will be able to ask questions to the participants and receive the necessary advice. This approach will create a space for the exchange of experience.