AgroCode Top 100 is an all-Russian award from Rosselkhozbank for the most outstanding representatives of the agro-industrial complex.
This year it took place for the fourth time and was held in the format of a top 100 rating award. The goal is to celebrate and reward the most effective and applied achievements of the Russian agrotech sector. Any Russian project that was ready to present its quantitative or qualitative indicators of success for 2022-2023 could apply for participation.
Independent experts assessed candidates in 10 categories, each with a shortlist of nine participants and one winner.
1. Person of the year in agrotech - a person who shapes the future of agricultural technology in Russia, one whose personal merits in the development of agricultural technology are especially significant. The winner in the nomination was Igor Intriligator, managing partner of UrbanPharm.
2. Educational project of the year in the field of agriculture — nomination for courses, trainings and intensive courses in agriculture. Winner: “School Agricultural Startup” competition from the all-Russian youth public organization “Russian Union of Rural Youth”. The competition is aimed at popularizing farming among young people and developing business planning skills in agriculture.
3. Event of the year in the agricultural sector. The most ambitious event of 2023, which had an impact on the entire agro-industrial complex, was the launch of Russia’s first factory production of pea isolate from Uralchem Innovation. The product is a natural, highly purified plant protein derived from yellow peas and is used in various segments of the food industry.
4. The profession of the future in agriculture. The winner of the nomination was the university whose curriculum reflects the innovative future of agriculture. This is the oldest and world-famous higher educational institution in Russia - RGAU-MSHA named after K.A. Timiryazev. The leading educational, scientific, methodological and consulting center of the Russian agricultural education system provides training in the following areas: agribusiness, artificial intelligence systems, IT solutions for business, agroecology.
5. The best digital service for agriculture. Nomination for IT services that have made the life of agricultural companies easier: they have made production more efficient and contributed to the business results of the agricultural sector. The winner was the product “Strategic Algorithm” from Rusagro Tech, a subsidiary of the Rusagro agricultural holding. It allows you to determine the optimal sequence of crop rotation in the fields from the point of view of net present value.
6. Agrotech Startup of the Year - a business that is at the very beginning of its journey, but is already actively developing and showing results.
In 2023, it became ClimBioTech: a Russian company specializing in the creation of automated laboratory-climatic complexes that can significantly accelerate the pace of obtaining and processing the results of research activities in the field of genetics, biotechnology and selection of valuable agricultural crops.
7. Agroinvestor of the year. The investor who made the greatest contribution to the development of Russian agrotech is Startup Studio RBU (Rosbiotech). The company invests in youth teams, launches new technology businesses in the areas of foodtech, agrotech, biotech, including at an early stage.
8. International cooperation in the field of agricultural technologies. This nomination is dedicated to entering international markets and attracting foreign companies to develop agricultural technology in Russia.
The winner was the Efko group of companies, which is the largest Russian vertically integrated manufacturer of special-purpose fats used in the confectionery, bakery and other sectors of the food industry. An outstanding step was the certification of sweet proteins in the UAE and the first supplies to the UAE (for the production of confectionery and sweet drinks).
9. Social project in agriculture — nomination for projects in the field of agriculture, agrotourism or rural development. The best social project of the year was “My Hectare” from the Bolshaya Zemlya company, which gives every Russian the opportunity to organize life and business on their own plot of land with an area of 1 hectare. To help the owners, IT services, legal and construction services, and tools for the collective development of villages are provided.
10. Scientific discovery of the year in the field of agriculture - a discovery that will have the greatest impact on the agricultural sector in the country. The South Ural State Agrarian University won the nomination. His collaborators discovered a new method of watering for woody shrub crops and grapes, which transfers the watered plants to the natural rhizosphere type of nutrition.
“We are proud to be holding the AgroCode Awards for the fourth year and celebrating the achievements of representatives of the Russian agritech community. The winners of the award are startups, projects and people who make a significant contribution to the development of agriculture. Together with winners and finalists, we create and promote innovative technologies and ideas that help make the agricultural sector more efficient and promising. Our goal is to create a favorable environment for the development of agrotech startups and make Russian agriculture leading in the world in the implementation of innovations and technologies. We are pleased to reward those who share our goals,” noted Elena Baturova, Deputy Chairman of the Board of Rosselkhozbank.
See the full shortlist at Online awards.
Congratulations to the winners and nominees! Thank you for your contribution to agriculture.